Saturday, March 8, 2014

All Smiles

The trip to California went off without a hitch.  No delays.  Since I had everything with me I arrived with luggage in hand.  Regardless how you fly, it's twelve hours from check-in in Maine to arrival in California. 

I have made the trip enough times that at the airport I know where to look for restrooms, where to sit at the gate, and where to get a good sandwich at JFK in New York.  Once on the plane I no longer worry about where I will put my stuff or how to excuse myself from my seat.  I have learned to ask for coffee and water at the same time.  I landed in San Jose for the first time but knew enough to follow the crowd to exit the terminal.

Kenneth is almost eleven weeks old and has grown so much since my last visit.  He smiles easily and coos in reply to my attempt at conversation.  With short catnaps during the day, he now sleeps in his crib at night for long stretches of time.  Yesterday I tucked him in under my right arm, facing out, to walk him around the apartment, and he fell asleep for half an hour. 

In the evenings Claudia props him up on her legs for an end-of-day visit.  What's not to love?

9 comments:

Balisha said...

You are becoming a seasoned traveler. Glad your trip went well. He's just adorable....so cute!
Balisha

Cindy said...

He's lovely! Lucky grandma:)

MsGraysea said...

So happy everything went smoothly, Sharon, and what a great gift to have Kenneth waiting at the end of the journey. Enjoy!!

RURAL said...

I'm so happy for you, and yes he is a absolute darling...take millions of photos Grandma.

Jen

Carolynn Anctil said...

He already has such a bright personality, it comes through in the photograph. I'm glad your trip went well. So much to be grateful for!

Helen said...

WOW -- such changes in a relatively short time! Cherish every moment.

Pienosole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pienosole said...

What a joyful young boy! This photo made me smile. Thank you for sharing this heart-warming visit.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

So very Happy for You.
Enjoy this time
and tuck it in your heart for it to never leave :)