Thursday, April 23, 2009

Friends Near And Far

It started a couple weeks ago ~ the unexpected phone calls, invitations for coffee, spur-of-the-moment lunches in my kitchen, and opportunities to walk and talk. How did friends from near and far get the message that I needed to hear from them? How did they know I needed to talk with the people who know me best? What prompted them to touch base when they did?

Someone said to me recently that we forget to ask for what we need. I didn't know what I needed or what would help. My friends knew.

As I lay in bed last night thinking about recent events, I thought about how grateful I am to have these women in my life. We care about each other, regardless of the time between visits or chats on the phone.

These friendships over time and distance are part of my new normal.

5 comments:

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

What a beautiful post and process you take us through. It seems your friends (near or far) are in sync with your deepest intentions for yourself. Aren't our friendships just amazing? How they nurture us just when we need a bit of TLC the most?

Joanne said...

Now those are true friends, ones who "just know" when to call, what to say. Their connections run deep. Kind of nice to have for a new normal!

Anonymous said...

I do think that our soul friends know when to call; when we need them most. It's a wonder and miracle and a blessing, isn't it?

helen said...

True friends make the world brighter and the tough times more tolerable. Thank God for the special connections!

Thinking of you and wishing you a good weekend my friend.

Anonymous said...

It would be nice to have friends like that... You are very lucky.