Friday, April 3, 2009

A Photo And A Recipe

We lost internet service yesterday. I unplugged, replugged, and reset everything I could think of, and nothing helped. This morning I bit the bullet and called the phone company. It took a bit of work and a few false starts, but I got connected, when plugged into the modem but not while wireless. I called the wireless router company, and I got that up and running again, too. Then for the cost of $9.99 and another thirty minutes, in addition to the hour I'd already been on the phone, I "secured" our network. I didn't do this before now because I didn't want the hassle of password protection. With all the stuff flying around in cyberspace these days I thought it was a good idea. We'll see if Ken agrees with me later....
This post is following up on two things I promised my sons ~
The first is a photo of the wedding topper that Ken and I used on our cake:

The second is the recipe for a family favorite ~ chocolate chip brownies. I started making cookie batter into brownies over forty years ago, long before any company advertised this option. My reasoning was simple: my brothers couldn't eat all the "cookies" before I finished baking the last pan because they all came out at the same time!
Hershey's Chocolate Town Chip Cookie-Brownies
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet choc chips
Cream the butter, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat well. Add the flour and baking soda to the creamed mixture. Add the chocolate pieces and blend well. Spread the batter in a greased 13" x 9" pan. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes; watch carefully at the end and remove from oven when golden brown and pulling away from the edges of the pan. Cut into squares and allow to cool, which makes them easier to take from the pan. Enjoy!

6 comments:

CaShThoMa said...

Cute photo of the cake topper!

The recipe sounds great; I love anything with chocolate chips. Anything.

Anonymous said...

How sweet to see the wedding cake toppers -- and how nice that they mean something special to your kids, too. Thanks for the recipe. I need to lose some of the weight I put on while on vacation ... but once I do, I will bake those cookie/brownies!

Kitty said...

Is that the original netting for the bride figure's veil? Very precious ...

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

Such a homey and loving post. The toppers are adorable. I am so happy to know that you saved them and preserved them well for family posterity. The recipe sounds oh, so yummy. I will give them a try!

Allison said...

Mmmm, this is making me want to get up right now (10 pm) and make some cookies. Mine rarely make it to be cooked anyway (I know, kinda gross), but I always thought the brownie idea was perfect!

Joanna Jenkins said...

The minute Passover is finished, I'm making those brownies! yum! More please.