Saturday, August 22, 2009

Old And New

I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Meeting in a coffee shop, sitting at my kitchen table, talking on the phone ~ these are the ways I've connected with friends this week. It has made all the difference.

On Thursday I had the pleasure of meeting a friend I've made through blogging. I know her through her words and photographs ~ her points of view and her view of the world. It was wonderful to meet her in person, to hear her voice and see her smile. I hope we have a chance to meet again.

The next day a friend from town came to my house for coffee and muffins.

And this morning a friend from away called to catch up.

Connections.

Whether in person or across the miles, friendship speaks heart to heart.

For that I am grateful.

4 comments:

CaShThoMa said...

I'm happy for you. Friends can make all the difference in our lives, old and new. I need to remind myself constantly to cultivate my friendships more; recluse that I am with my email and blog as poor substitutes for the real chat over coffee and muffins. Good for you! Inspiring.

mermaid said...

Thank you for the warm reminder of friends. They are blessings.

Anonymous said...

It was a great pleasure to find a "kindred spirit" in Maine! Can't wait to show you around town!

Cindy H said...

Sharon, if you're ever in Michigan, I hope you let me know. I'd like to have coffee with you, too!