Monday, November 23, 2009

My Purring Pal

We have now belonged to Leo for over a year. I have been following him around with the camera because I wanted to take some current photos. He's a hard one to "capture" because he gets up when he sees me and proceeds to follow me around.

I did catch him standing in a sun spot ~


and waiting at the door, hoping that I would let him out ~

and getting very close to see what I was up to ~

Leo has charmed us beyond all measure. There are times when I pick him up and hold him tight just because he has been a loyal companion. There are times when Ken sits down to make a lap just because he knows Leo will jump up to "set a spell" and purr.
There's an old saying that you can't choose your family. We didn't choose Leo, but thank goodness he chose us.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cats are a major blessing! Leo is a great example of a Maine Coon it seems.

CaShThoMa said...

Cats are such wonderful additions to our lives.

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristen said...

I can't help but giggle at his various faces in those pictures - you've perfectly (or purrrfectly?) captured some of his moods!

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

Lovely photos and sentiments. I agree that animals who choose us are special indeed. I am so glad that Leo brings you all such joy. :-) Cats and dogs seem to be bearers of unconditional love, don't they? Perhaps we could learn by their loyal example...

Cindy said...

He's gorgeous!

mermaid said...

In many ways he is like a child needing love and shelter. I'm glad you took him in. It seems as if he is giving lots of love, too:)

Kitty said...

Leo's blogger cousin Malcolm says *meow*. What would we do without them?