Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Remember To Vote

Last evening I received an email reminder from my state representative to remember to vote today. I know him personally and couldn't resist a reply.

Everyone in my household has already voted.

We take voting seriously in my family.

Ken learned years ago to vote early because he never knows where he will be working on election day. I have always made sure my kids got absentee ballots while they are away at school. My daughter is at a conference in New Orleans this week, and voting before she left was on her to-do list.

I had a feeling last week that I should vote early. I have class all day today and some errands to run while I'm out of town. It has the potential to be one of those days when things don't go exactly as planned.

At the very least I have taken care of my most important commitment for this first Tuesday in November.

I voted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A great reminder, Sharon! I so appreciate your political activism and attention to government issues. Wish more women were like you!

Anonymous said...

I sure know that you voted and am sorry to hear about some of the results though. Devoted a post to it actually.

Kitty said...

I live in a Vote by Mail county, but I took my ballot in person to the dropbox at the courthouse, to make sure it got there.

Here in Washington State, we had a similar amendment to the one in Maine that starrlife was referring to. I am very proud to say that it passed. :D