Thursday, April 22, 2010

No One Said There Would Be Flowers

Last evening my daughter came, with Mazulah*, for a visit. She brought me tulips from her yard. I planted bulbs there last fall, and she wanted me to enjoy the beautiful blooms.

No one told me when I had children that there would be flowers.
My daughter shared the news that she is on track to graduate from residency in late June. Each resident has a meeting to make sure they have met all the criteria, and she has! In August she will begin a one-year fellowship, a unique opportunity to study further and continue to see her patients of the last three years.
I also spoke with my sons yesterday.
T called to say he's all set with an apartment for the summer and is registered for classes in May and June. Last week he confirmed his co-op position [aka paid internship] for July through December.
P called to say he has been offered a new job, a full-time permanent position. He starts Monday and is looking forward to working with the people he has met.
Who knew, when I had children, there would be so many flowers?
*Mazulah, my daughter's puppy, has the same name as a player on the University of West Virginia basketball team. We were watching the NCAA play-offs when the name Mazulah caught my attention, and it seems to suit her just right.

7 comments:

Joanne said...

You ask, "Who knew, when I had children, there would be so many flowers?" It's the beautiful result of years of shining your light on them. Enjoy!

Laura said...

Mazal Tov! I can't help it, but this Hebrew phrase of congratulations just popped out...when we plant a garden of love...of course flowers will bloom!

Anonymous said...

congratulations all the way around. Sounds like everyone is doing more than fine and what more could a mother ask for. That was very very sweet of your daughter to share the flower of your labor. Sweet indeed.
Peace~
Dawn

CaShThoMa said...

I agree; no one tells you that there can be such delightful moments with grown children. Brings a smile to my face. Happy for you.

jd881 said...

I think you knew. You raised them that way! You created good people. Congrats all the way around.

Anne said...

I'm wondering what my little 9 month old will do for me for mother's day... just kidding. I only hope he grows up as sweet and respectful. Also... I can finally comment on your blog! My other computer wouldn't let me! :)

Cindy L said...

How wonderful -- congrats to all your kids, and you, for your happiness. Isn't it wonderful and rewarding when we know our kids are on a good path in their lives? Kudos.