Thursday, April 1, 2010

Perseverance

Despite the fact that it was the wettest March on record, spring actually arrived in accordance with the date on the calendar this year. The green leaves of crocus and tulips are coming up among the brown leaves of fall because, well, because I hadn't raked because it was still March. Today the sun came out so I went out to see if there were any flowers to report. There was a little purple bloom glowing in the sunshine ~

as well as a lovely white crocus that came up right through autumn's leftovers ~
Now that's perseverance. Welcome April!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That white flower through the decaying leaves is wonderful! what a great find. April is going to be grand!
Peace~
Dawn

CaShThoMa said...

I love to see the crocus; the first sign of spring color. Enjoy!

Cindy said...

makes me want to get out and see what's growing in my garden;-)

patti said...

Praise God for Easter Sunday after Good Friday.

Praise God for those flowers!

Patti

Laura said...

so beautiful Sharon! don't you love spring surprises pushing through the soil and between the decaying leaves?
death and rebirth right at the edge of your garden.

mermaid said...

New life. New ventures. I see you, Sharon, in those flowers.

Perseverance.

Anonymous said...

Love this metaphor, Sharon .. isn't it the pure truth? I feel like that little crocus myself, every year, in spring. Happy April, my friend!

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

I love crocus, Sharon, and I am missing mine come up in Mi. So thanks for sharing yours. :-)

Cindyscoffeehouse said...

Sharon, thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures. It is quite a metaphor for life -- and a tribute to perseverance and beauty!