Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Graduation Weekend

So we had quite the weekend! There will be family photos to share later, but for now here is a "snapshot" of our four days in Boston. We spent a lot of time on the "T" and at times the view out the window was amazing~

Friday morning the Boston Garden was all lit up for Northeastern~

And everything was ready for the ceremony~

Proud parents looked on~

While 3200 happy graduates tossed beach balls~

Cheers to our special graduate, on the right in white~

There were tulips in bloom in the Boston Gardens~

And flowering trees to enhance the skyline~

Wedding cake from August made the trip back to Boston~

And to top it all off the Boston Bruins swept the Philadelphia Flyers~


The weekend was everything we hoped it would be.

8 comments:

Joanne said...

Hats off to the Grads! Looks like an amazing weekend, wishing your son all the best ... Cheers :)

Helen said...

Thanks for giving us a peak at your weekend. Nice photo of you & Ken! Appears you have modified your hair style--very attractive. Look forward to more photos when you have time to post.

Carolynn Anctil said...

Congratulations all 'round.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Thank you for sharing.
You gave me my late afternoon smile on this 90 degree day.

Cynthia said...

Wow, what a great weekend. I do love the flowering trees right now, but I have not seen such a show of tulips yet. And congrats to the graduate. It's another shift in the parent journey.

teri said...

It is already next weekend...sorry for my delayed congratulations! In the car as I type--heading to NYC for a wedding shower for my daughter. The transitions keep rolling on.

Sharon Lovejoy said...

I am SO happy to have found you via my friend at "My Journey to Mindfulness." I love what you say in your profile and of course, I love it that you're in Maine, which is the place of my heart.

We live there usually May through October. I would live there all year, but our sons and grandchildren are here in California and nothing is more important than keeping these ties alive.

Congratulations to the handsome graduate. You MUST be bursting your buttons.

All joys from your newest follower,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

mermaid said...

Congratulations. I also attended a graduation this past weekend and was so moved by the speeches. I guess I am just listening more attentively now.

Your online scrapbook is a pleasure to see.