Wednesday, May 25, 2011

More My Speed

I tried a different yoga class last evening, at a community center just three and a half miles from my house. The class was all women my age, and the teacher emphasized going at our own pace and making modifications when needed. My body still feels like it has been through a workout, but it feels okay with that. There is no class next week, but for the four weeks after that I know where I will be at 4:45 on Tuesday afternoons. In between I will practice on my own. So that was good ~ and today we had sunshine for the second day in a row. There are things blooming in my garden, like flox that were past their bloom when I planted them last summer ~


Johnny Jump-ups from a friend and Sweet Woodruff from my old house ~



Winter pansies that really did survive the winter ~



Chocolate Chip Carpet Bugle, which is a name I just love ~



Wild roses that a friend generously shared ~



And a low holly bush that looks like it might get berries this year ~



Today I renewed my teaching certificate for five more years. I thought I would, yet I kept waiting for something to happen so I wouldn't need to. I went in person to get some things straightened out, and she said it will only be two to three weeks before I get the new certificate in the mail. This means I am certified to teach; it also means that my background check is up to date, which is necessary for a variety of jobs. This is one more way to keep all my options open ~

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was hoping that you would shift to a less modern and more true to it's yoga roots class. My old yoga teacher was great and he always insisted that it should be about techniques at your own pace but done correctly than aerobic exercise as western culture had developed it.
Love the flowers- isn't it great?

Joanne said...

Wow, those are some pretty hardy pansies to survive the onslaught of snow this past winter! We lost a couple shrubs in our landscaping, the weight of the snow did them in, and have to replace them soon.

And I like that teaching option, too. I'm wondering what level of teaching you're certified to teach ...

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Love the images and I am proud of you about your decisions. The new yoga class sounds like a winner.

teri said...

Smiling- and loving that spring is pushing through and seems to have forgotten about the winter.

Anonymous said...

Love the photos of your garden, Sharon, and I am glad to hear you got your teaching certificate! We're drowning in rain here, and I am hoping that spring is being kinder to you in New England, my friend!

annie said...

Glad you found the right class.

My teaching certificate expires in a little over a year and a half and I have done nothing really to prevent that. Teaching being what it is and only becoming less what I believe in, I really can't see myself going back. But options are options.

Carolynn Anctil said...

All your lovely flowers make me long all the more for a garden of my own. There will be more work done on our balcony, so I'm not even able to plant flowers in pots yet.

Something will come along for you. How does the saying go...? Success is in the preparation...or something like that.

Suzie said...

Each of your flowers brings its own burst of joy. What a gift for you. Thank you for sharing. Yoga ease!

mermaid said...

So glad you found a yoga class that meets your needs.

I hope you find a teaching position that also meets your needs. Till then, may you teach yourself wonderful things and continue to create beautiful flowers, quilts, desserts, etc.

Cindy's Coffeehouse said...

Love your pictures! I feel as if I walked in your garden.

And I think it's good that you renewed your teaching certificate. Options are good!