Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Just Another Day

Late Tuesday morning Ken left a message on our home answering machine. I had been outside saying good-bye to our company when he called ~

"Hello, Sharon. This is your husband. I'm calling to see how the company is making out...and a few other things. I will call you later."

It's always the "few other things" I worry about.

I waited as long as I could and gave him a call last night. I told him our friends were on their way and asked what was going on with him.

He had been standing on a four-foot ladder when his feet got tangled up and he fell, catching his arm on a screw on the way down. Eleven stitches and a tetanus shot later he went back to work.

Last night he was doing okay. He had extra strong antibiotic ointment to apply and wasn't feeling too uncomfortable.

I worry about certain aspects of Ken's job. He finds himself in precarious situations and almost always he comes through unscathed. Fortunately his current job is in a medical center so help was close at hand.

Last weekend we were talking about the physical demands of Ken's job when someone noticed the scratches on his hands. Ken chuckled and said that some of that comes with the territory.

Ken likes his job and is good at what he does. I still worry.

9 comments:

Carolynn Anctil said...

Yikes! I'll say. Glad to hear it wasn't worse. Although, guys like scars. Makes them feel rugged. *smile*

Helen said...

Glad to read the best possible outcome about the "few other things." Those words always make my stomach churn when they come from the hubby or kids.

Sending good thoughts for quick and proper healing.

cindy said...

Glad he's doing okay. That's a lot of stitches.

Cindy's Coffeehouse said...

Sharon, if my husband had a physically demanding job like that, I'd worry, too. But I'm glad he got the quick care he needed. I'll say a prayer for speedy healing.

Marie said...

I'm glad to hear that Ken is okay. How is the watch????????????????

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

I am so sorry.
Healing wishes sent to Ken.

Cindy L said...

I can see why you are concerned. Now that I'm in midlife, I find I fret a lot more about my loved ones and have more anxiety about their well-being -- especially in cases such as the one you wrote about here. Glad he's fine, and hope he's careful!

mermaid said...

I'm glad you worry. It means you care about Ken, and you want him to be safe. Just past that worry is a love for Ken.

Now to find the love for you.

teri said...

wow - I have been away too long- I hope his arm is healing ok-