Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October Begins

Four days into the month...

and I am hopeful that October will hold true to form and bring positive changes.

I feel good about the job interview I had today.

A quick count tells me that I'm coming up on a double-digit number of interviews. I have not felt good after every one, but I have felt successful after about half of them. We know how that has worked out. Or not.

Last night my stomach was upset. This after a day where my face broke out, typical with stress, and my left eye periodically twitched, a symptom of anxiety. I thought I was past worrying about interviews but apparently not.

I spent yesterday doing household chores, between scrubbing my face and checking the mirror to see if the twitch in my eye was obvious. With the onset of the upset stomach last night, I knew I needed to find a way to calm down or I wasn't going to make it to the interview today. I took a hot shower, bypassed the vitamins I usually take at night, and thought positive thoughts as I climbed between clean sheets.

Thankfully, I felt better all around this morning. I reminded myself that what happens... happens.

That thought helped me get through the interview, which included a more detailed description of the job and a good conversation with three women who are committed to helping the people in their community.

That thought hasn't helped me set aside how much I want the job. It's a newly formed grant-funded position, and ideas about how to make it work keep occurring to me.

It has been awhile since I was this excited about a position or felt like it was a job that would be an excellent fit for me.

I have done what I can do and now I need to wait. They are interviewing through October so it will be some weeks before I hear anything. The time will pass and I will know soon enough.

Tick, tick, tick....

7 comments:

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Thinking of you...
Take care

Joanne said...

That the interview included a "good conversation" sounds very promising. Really getting to talk with people forms great connections. I hope that ticking clock moves along quickly, good luck!

Carolynn Anctil said...

Oh, good luck with that! It sounds like you would bring a lot to this position that would benefit a lot of people. Like you said though, whatever happens, happens. Namaste.

mermaid said...

I really appreciate this post in particular. I thought I had worked through an old wound and suddenly found myself nauseous all week with a flare of fear.

It wasn't until I realized I being impatient with myself that I realized I have much to learn about patience and trusting I have always been given what I really needed at the right time.

May patience and trust be with you. Tick, tick, tick.

Debra said...

You did your very best to present yourself in a positive and enthusiastic way. I would DEFINITELY hire you! Not it is time, like you said, to sit back and just let things happen as they are meant to happen. I was recently told that something that I thought would be over by September, could now conceivably happen until Nov. 15. At first I was upset and my stomach was in jumbles but then I decided that since there is nothing left of this that is within my control, I will not think about it very much, again. I have done all that I can and there is absolutely nothing of it that is left up to me, so I am letting it go.

I have complete faith that if this is the right fit for you, then you will receive very good news in November. And like you, I have a very good feeling about it:)

Best of luck and big hugs,
Deb

Anonymous said...

Love the tone of this post and wishing you great success!

cindy said...

I am hoping for the best outcome for you. Job hunting is tough these days, I admire your strength in pushing through the anxiety.