Thursday, June 28, 2012

Red And Yellow

I don't need a new mechanic after all.  Monday morning my car overheated while I was running errands.  That led to a trip to a garage near my daughter's house.  The news was that Lily May had blown her head gasket and there is other work that needs to be done soon.  I had her towed to my daughter's, and Monday night we did an online search to see what was available for 2012 Outbacks. There aren't many left in the state, but there was a red one at the dealership where I wanted to do business when the time was right ~ which turned out to be last night ~    

Her name is Annabella and she is the nicest car I've ever owned.  Now I feel safe driving more than two hours from home, and I will have reliable transportation for whatever job I find for the fall.  She intimidates me a bit, but I made my first run through the drive-up at Dairy Queen tonight, and I think we will become good friends ~

In other news I've had six phone calls with my investment advisor and two trips to the local office to keep my account current.  In between managing financial matters and car shopping, my daughter and I spent five days decluttering and organizing.  Today I painted her kitchen the color of golden honey ~

It will be another early day tomorrow.  The guy who bought Loretta the Legacy [alive and well and living in Boston] has bought Lily May and will have her towed to his garage.  I like to think he will get her running again and find her a new owner, too. There's painting to finish in the kitchen and many things to do before we leave for California on Monday....The days are just packed!

6 comments:

Carolynn Anctil said...

That's a gorgeous new vehicle! Love the colour. And, it's great that you were able to find someone to adopt your other car so quickly and easily. Makes for a much better transition.

Nice job on the painting, too.

A trip to California - can't wait to hear about it. I don't think there will be many trips in my future for a while.

mermaid said...

Enjoy the new car. It takes time, but I know you will get comfortable and not want to leave it!

starrlife said...

Love the new wheels! I've been away and overwhelmed and without internet for a week so sorry to drop out of circulation. I am coming in August again so lets talk when you get back!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Beautiful
happy for you.

Helen said...

A long way from Dottie who was so faithful to you way back when!

teri said...

Wow...you have been busy! Life seems to be full ...and not always on the schedule of our making. (Says the girl pecking the keyboard with my left hand). Great looking car