Tuesday, June 5, 2012

On A [Bed] Roll

The king-sized bed arrived early... with the wrong slats.  I knew when they were delivered that they were too short, but they were the only slats on the truck.  We kept them and I placed a call to the store.  The salesperson thought it was a problem with the company, which was closed down for a week either side of Memorial Day.  Long sigh.  Then a call came a few days later that in fact our bed slats had been left in error at another house in another town, and we had their slats.  It took a few days to get things switched around, but we finally had all the right pieces to the bed but no mattress.  So off we went one evening to pick out a mattress [no need for a box spring with a platform bed], and it was delivered last Friday.  Happy sigh.  I love the new bed.  We've always wanted a bed made of cherry.  The walnut stained spindles perfectly match the dresser~ 


And the bookcase, which was salvaged by my mom from a neighbor's give-away pile 36 years ago and our first real piece of furniture~


Ta da ~

I have slept great the last four nights and greeted each morning without a stiff neck or sore back.  Sometimes making a change is just the right thing to do.

6 comments:

Carolynn Anctil said...

Selecting the right mattress can make all the difference in the world. I love the one we have now. Nice bed frame, too.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

My mattress probably needs to be replaced.
I did buy a new really nice one when relocating 3 years ago. Did not like it and put it in guest room.
I like my old one better...

mermaid said...

That bed looks lovely, like one would never want to wake up.

Lucky for us, you do wake up to write about your life, share your insights, and help us to learn along the way.

Things that make me happy said...

It's amazing what a difference the right bed/mattress can make, isn't it? The bedroom looks lovely. I am a big believer in making the bedroom a sanctuary where you can relax and feel wonderful.

teri said...

We have a cherry bed too!! And no box spring. We bought this bed 3 years ago and have loved it. It was the first "real" bed we had in our 30 year marriage. Our mattress had been on the floor up until then. I feel like we were finally adults. ENJOY. Is today your last day?? xoxo

Debra said...

It is so important that we are as comfortable as possible when we sleep! I am so glad that you are sleeping well on your new mattress! I hope that life is good and that you are doing well, dear sweet Sharon! Even when I don't come around as often as I would like to, you are often in my thoughts.

Hugs and love,
Deb