Saturday, June 9, 2012

Seattle: I Have Arrived

I was awake at 2:30 am and waited for the coffee maker to click on before I got out of bed. I was on the way to the airport by 3:30, which seemed unnecessarily early until I saw the line at airport security suddenly get long as I was going through the screening. A TSA official said that the later than usual start meant that people would be rushing to catch their planes, and he was right. While I sat waiting for my flight to board I heard a half dozen names called over the intercom as doors to planes were being closed for departure. Shortly after each announcement I watched people appear at one end of the terminal to make a run for the designated gate. It was worth losing a few minutes sleep to not have to endure the stress of running late. I had a three-hour layover in NY. Then it was back in the air for six hours before a safe landing in Seattle. A thirteen-hour day of travel: long and tiring. A visit to a city I've never seen: exhilarating. A hug from my youngest son: priceless.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

It rain her in Maine the rest of the day. After dropping you off a quick trip to frosy and finish up the coffee over by the seadog. I was a little early for pt, went good. Stay up the rest of the day, but was in bed by 9. A trip to the recycling barn, then a trip up the coast. dinner at moodys. I know that your day will be better.Have fun and soak it all in as I know that a weekend goes fast. Lots of pictures see you Monday.

Carolynn Anctil said...

I like Seattle - hope you get some sunshine while you're there.

Until my butt is firmly planted in the seat on the plane, I'm a nervous wreck. I think it's because I had to run for a plane when I was travelling with my Mom as a kid, and another time, I got to the airport too late and missed my flight altogether. It's very stress inducing, this air travel.

Have fun!

CaShThoMa said...

Welcome to our fair city, Sharon! I hope your son introduces you to some great sights and that you enjoy your time here.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Enjoy this special time :)

mermaid said...

I'm so glad you made it there unrushed, though you did sound tired.

Enjoy the beautiful city, your son, and your own wise company!