Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Seattle Memories

It is the everyday moments that come to mind when I remember Seattle, the reasons I like the city so much. I look forward to when I can return to room 301 at the Moore Hotel, a quiet space in the back of the building ~
Our exceptional timing Thursday evening took us to the original Starbucks store near Pike Place Market when there was not one person in line. We bought tasty frozen coffee drinks, and Ken took my picture while I was mid word ~
Downtown there is a covered walkway between Nordstrom's and William Sonoma that is somewhat of an engineering marvel. Nordstrom's would only allow the walkway to be built if it was not permanently attached to the side of their store ~
Late our first evening we had a wonderful meal of locally brewed beer and pizza, serious pie ~
Early Friday gorgeous sunflowers brightened a gray morning ~
We waited out a thunderstorm at Pike Place while rain made puddles ~
Against a backdrop of mountains, a cruise ship left the terminal. In Portland, Oregon we met a couple on their honeymoon who were taking a cruise to Alaska on a ship out of Seattle ~
Flowers growing wild at the Sculpture Park reminded me of pinks ~
The antique French cars on display at Seattle Center included a Renault like my family owned in the early 1960's ~
Hostas in bloom near the pavilion outshone similar plants at home in my garden ~
The seafood at the Queen City Grill was very good, and the sign outside caught my fancy because Lewiston is a city in Maine ~
Our last night we had dinner on Capitol Hill at B & O Espresso, which had beautiful stained glass in the window ~It's hard to know during a vacation what moments will stand out when the trip is over. Thank goodness for the photos that hold those memories ~

1 comment:

Carolynn Anctil said...

Ha! It wouldn't be Seattle if it didn't rain. Looks like you had a great time.