Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pocketful Of Posies

I have been sewing, piecing together scraps of fabric.  In need of a project, one that didn't require a lot of planning but used lots of patterns and bright colors, I turned to fabric I inherited from my daughter.  Flowers in pink and purple caught my eye.  We are a long way from spring outside but inside I can work with flowers to my heart's content ~
This strip of fabrics is where it all started
I love the swirls of orange and green
Purple works its way in nicely
Old-fashioned patterns ~ one treasured piece left from long ago
 

11 comments:

Helen said...

Calm, happy fabrics; beautiful posies! Will look forward to another post as your creative eye and expert sewing skills begin to stitch pieces together in a bouquet of love.

Anonymous said...

Oh, charming and old-timey.

RURAL said...

There is something about the beautiful colors and textures of working with fabric that makes our heart sing.

Jen

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Beautiful
and you will create
something
beautiful.
Reminds me
of all the fabrics
that my mother had.
Gone 14 years next month :(

Wisewebwoman said...

I'm like this with wools, I can play for hours.

You have one lovely collection there!!

XO
WWW

Cindy L said...

Beautiful colors -- looks like your in for a great project, and what a great thing to do in this incredibly cold weather. I am looking for inspiration for my next art project. (Just won an award, so I am encouraged ... for a change!)

Carolynn Anctil said...

So pretty with a vintage flair.

Anonymous said...

These fabrics are beautiful and enticing. I, too, have been itching to put some fabric pieces together. Just this weekend, I rearranged my tiny bedroom in my tiny home so that my sewing machine and desk were more accessible. I'll think of you when I'm at the machine!

Laura said...

so beautiful Sharon… enjoy the blossoms blooming with each stitch!

Cindy said...

I love fabric and often lament there are not enough hours in the day for me to design my own clothes. I'm always altering things by hand but I'd love to learn to sew and find just the right material. Yours are lovely.

teri said...

LOVE!! We quilt together! xo