Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Jon Stewart Is Back In My Life

This evening, for the first time since we moved into this house, I was able to get The Daily Show online! This is unbelievable. We have tried on and off for 15 months to tune in, with no luck. This week, of all weeks, I have found a way to stream full shows, able to watch Jon Stewart in all of his Indecision 2008 glory.

I had planned to watch some of the republican convention on television. Really I did. I thought I owed it to the democratic process to tune in for at least some of the hullabaloo from the other side. However, with the past week-end of lies and hypocrisy, after the past eight years of lies and hypocrisy, I just couldn't do it.

In desperation I turned once again to ComedyCentral.com to see if there was any chance I could watch bits of Jon Stewart's biased, sarcastic coverage of the democratic convention from last week. Imagine my surprise at the new lay-out of the website, the new catalog of weeks' worth of shows, and my ability to click on a screen of The Daily Show and watch the entire show in its unedited, uninterrupted glory.

I thought I would watch just the show from last Tuesday, which highlighted Monday's events at the convention in Denver. It was refreshing and funny and went by much too quickly. Okay, I thought, I will watch Wednesday's show...but my appetite for political satire was not satisfied until I had watched all the shows from last week.

The bright spots in all of this are: 1) I can talk Ken into watching the shows this week-end because he hasn't seen them yet, and 2) I will be able to watch The Daily Show coverage of the republican coverage once those shows are available.

Oh, life is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jon Stewart is probably the only thing I miss about tv. Not enough to plant me in front of it again.

Putting the pieces together... said...

I totally TOTALLY hear you on the fantastic-ness of comedy central online for those of us who don't have cable, be really really miss John Stewart and Stephen Colbert. They are fantastic.