Monday, September 29, 2008

Peanut Butter Cups

As promised ~


The photo is a bit blurry but the best I could do. It gives you an idea of what a homemade peanut butter cup looks like. This batch had a bit too much peanut butter, which makes the bottom soft. I cut them up and keep them in the freezer. Each one is a delicious morsel of homemade peanut butter cup heaven.
Here's the recipe:
2 sticks butter or margarine, melted
2 cups confectioner sugar
1 1/3 cups crushed graham crackers
1 cup peanut butter
Mix above ingredients and spread in a greased 9" x 13" pan.
Melt 12 oz. chocolate bits. Spread over base mixture. Refrigerate. Cut into squares.
Makes 30-36 squares.
I used to make these at Christmastime to share with friends. I ran across the recipe when I was cleaning out my recipe file. If I cut them into small pieces and keep them in the freezer, they last a long time. I wanted to make them this fall to impress my youngest son, who hasn't been impressed by anything I've done lately. By the look on his face when he licked his fingers, my plan worked. Priceless.

4 comments:

CaShThoMa said...

These sound fabulous; I'm going to try them out this week. Thanks for sharing!

Kristen said...

er, I think it's safe to say that you also impressed your husband and daughter.

At this moment in time Izabelle is running around chasing a bug of some sort (she's given up chasing her tail for now) and Beazlie is sitting next to me with a "what is she do-ing?" look on her face. We all wish you the best of luck tomorrow! oxoxox (and a miaow x2)

Anonymous said...

MMMMmmmm.

Anonymous said...

They look great to me...and I look forward to trying the recipe!