Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Next 54

I think middle-age begins at 30 and ends at 70.

My husband thinks that's funny.

I tell him that I plan to live to be 100, so I consider middle-age to be the middle 40 years.

Because I am now a little more than halfway through middle-age, I need all the years I can get to do all I want to do.

I still want a  job.  When I look back at all the letters of application and resumes I have sent out in the last two years, it makes me want to cry.  I have exhausted all my resources, have even applied to some places more than once, so it's time to stop.  I am deeply disappointed, but it's time to move on.

I am almost ready to announce my small business.  It has been two steps forward and one step back, but I have made progress.  I am staying with it because nothing else has come to fruition. I have no excuse not to keep working at it.

I look back at posts from a year ago and remember where I thought I was headed.

The course has changed.  

The destination is unknown.

The journey continues....  

7 comments:

Cindy said...

It does feel like some sort of a sign to go ahead and forge your own path. I can't wait for the scoop!

Joanne said...

Definitely liking your definition of middle age, leaving plenty of time for that journey to unwind before us. I'm sorry that none of the employment prospects have worked out so far, but have a sneaking suspicion that your business plan will be amazing, with the type of care and attention to detail I'm sure you are lavishing upon it. Looking forward to reading about this branch of your journey!

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

Like you, I'm thinking that we must live to be at least 100. So I am just over middle-age. Can't wait to hear about your new business!

patti said...

Wow! I love your definition of middle age since I'm planted firmly (well, no part of me is firm) in the middle of it!!!

I also love how God directs is in such different ways than we ever expected!!!

Blessings,
Patti

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to your announcement Sharon. I think all of our journeys are more of a zig-zag than straight lines! :-)

Kristen said...

happy belated birthday mom - I can't wait to catch up with you this weekend!

here's to another at least 45 years oxoxox

Anonymous said...

Well, a toast to you on your journey. May the next year bring you the vocation you seek! Hugs Sharon.