Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Birth Chart: An Overview

On July 1 I received a reading of my astrological chart, which is based on the date, time, and place of my birth and where I live now. This is what the chart itself looks like ~

The person who crafted my chart spent 90 minutes explaining what it means, an overview really. I know that now because the next day I showed it to my acupuncturist, and with just a glance she picked up on another detail. This bears deeper exploration. I have an invitation to call back with questions that come up, and I can schedule another reading to explore current life transitions once I have a better understanding of my birth chart.
* * * * * * * *
I listened to the tape recording of the reading again this evening. I immediately wanted to play it a second time so I could take more notes and glean more meaning. Instead, I reread the notes I took originally and thought about what stays with me of what I have learned from this experience so far.
* * * * * * * * *
These are the things that come to mind: My birth sign is Aquarius, an air sign, the water bearer who brings a new perspective. I feel everything emotionally. I value my freedom and independence. My friends are very important to me, but my aloofness can make it hard to get to know people. I protect people's space so they can be themselves. I am someone who likes structure and follows the rules, yet I am also creative and rebellious. I have confidence that I can have everything I need, while I also fear persecution if I make my desires known. I want to be seen for who I am, but I hide. I excel at communicating; I need to learn to listen to my heart. I set long-term goals; I need to learn to let go of control. My work is to figure out what I believe and follow my heart. I need to move past my fear.
* * * * * * * *
It was stunning to hear much of what I know about myself ~ things I like and things I would change if I could ~ read from a chart by someone who does not know me. It was all right there, down to the health issues I have with my knees, lower back, and teeth. Upon hearing that my acupuncturist said, "Of course, those all have to do with the kidneys, which have to do with fear." Meanwhile, my nightly dreams are about discovering my inner life and my concern about criticism if people know who I really am.
* * * * * * * *
The pieces to the puzzle are all there. I just need to figure out how they fit together. Life is fascinating, isn't it?

6 comments:

patti said...

Yes, life is fascinating. And you were born for such a time as this!

Blessings,
Patti

Sharon said...

I've been enjoying your journey over my morning tea. Stay with it!

Joanne said...

Interesting how some of you is a study of opposites - friends are important, but aloofness stands in the way. You follow the rules, yet are rebellious. You communicate, but need to listen to your own heart. So it almost sounds like you are challenging yourself, challenging who you are at the core with these opposite traits. Do you see that, or feel that this is true, at this time in your life?

CaShThoMa said...

Very interesting....where did you have this "done"?

Cindy said...

I find astrology fascinating. I've always kind of liked it, but after I had my chart done, I became a true believer.

Anonymous said...

I have soooo many great books, wish you could borrow them. I find the fun in reading all of the different authors and their perspectives on the charts and planets positions. Great Sharon! A new lens to look through.