Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Circles And Points Of Light

Eleven years ago I was looking for a new massage therapist. Someone recommended a woman who worked in a nearby town. When I found the address, I realized it was also a place that offered acupuncture. I introduced myself to the man in the shop and told him who I was trying to find. That woman was out on maternity leave, but he had the name of another woman who was a massage therapist; she is the person I still see regularly for massage.

The man I met that day is an acupuncturist and a colleague of the woman I see for acupuncture. They are friends and worked together for years, although she now works in a wellness center.

The man I met that day has studied astrology for thirty years. He is the man who assembled and read my birth chart last week. As I listen to his voice on the tape of the reading, I think of how I met him years ago. I am now looking to him for guidance in an area of my life that I have only begun to explore. There was no way to know that we would meet again some day.

Circles. Things come around again, and sometimes it actually feels like there is a plan.

Then there are times when it feels like there is no rhyme or reason.

In a comment on my last post, Joanne asked if I felt like I was challenging myself at my core with the opposite traits that are part of who I am.

That is exactly what it feels like. There have been times in the last three years when I questioned my sanity. Why was I so conflicted? What happened that all my plans could fall apart? Why couldn't I pull myself together? How was I going to find my way?

I am going to find my way by finding me. My true self will accept no less. My friends will support me and my faith will sustain me. I have all I need. I will think less and feel more. My heart will tell me what I need to know if I listen, really listen.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

"Think less and feel more" is a theme with me these days, too. Thoughts can be so limiting, but if I believe I am more than my thoughts, then I can just let them go and get to the heart of things, the feeling of things.

Joanne said...

You are so devoted to this process, this journey to who you are right now, that I'm sure you'll find the answers. And I hope you'll be pleasantly surprised! I like the idea of listening to your heart, they say it never steers us wrong.

Carolynn Anctil said...

Along my journey I've been told that I already know everything I need to know. Lately, I've begun to truly understand the meaning of the phrase "getting out of my own way". The very act of questioning and wanting to know more is a sure sign, in my opinion, of sanity.

I want to thank you for the truly beautiful note you left me at my place. I have definitely been blessed and the gratitude I feel is deep and genuine. I think the God responds to that.

xoxo
Carolynn

patti said...

You dear one. I wish we lived close and we could chat about this over a latte!

May God guide you in your discovery!

patti

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post, Sharon. I agree that listening to your heart is the way to finding yourself. I often think of a line from Paul Simon song, "Maybe I think too much, maybe I think too much..." I am guilty of overthinking things. Being still, letting it be, is the best way.