Monday, August 9, 2010

Dresses And Shoes

The dresses are finished. The pictures look flat but we are not ready to model them yet. You'll have to wait for wedding pictures. My daughter's is a teal linen with a sheer, teal & green sash. Mine is some-shade-of-green (moss? sage?) brushed satin, which for future reference shows every little thing, even water from a steam iron [at this moment it is ironed, spot-free, and ready to go which means I will not do another thing to it until I don it for the wedding] ~

Now I need opinions about my shoes. The ones I have are the right height, comfortable, and have straps that go around my ankles which give good support. In other words, I can dance all night in these shoes. However, are they dressy enough? Will anyone notice my shoes?

Now I need to get back to work. I have something else to finish and share later this week. Shhhh...it's a surprise.

7 comments:

patti said...

I LOVE the shoes and think they are PERFECT. Femininity understated. Classic with flair.

BUT please remember, I am the woman who wore the bad shoes to China....

LOL.
I am so happy for you.
P

helen said...

I'm all for comfort when it comes to shoes and think the shoes will be fine. A little dressier model would add flair to your beautiful dress, but would new shoes feel comfortable? Additionally, time is short this week AND...it's the bride's day...do people really remember what the MOG wears? !

Dance the evening away; smile; have fun; enjoy the party; let your heart sing; and post lotsa pics next week.

annie said...

Gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Sparkly shoes would look nice but I ditto the comfort factor. Wonderful dresses!

teri said...

Sharon -I love the dresses you made! WOW.

For my sons wedding 2 years ago I had a sparkly pair for the wedding and beginning of the reception. I then changed to my "comfy" shoes after dinner.... AND by the end of the evening was barefoot and back to being myself and barely 5'2"... And I don't think a soul noticed any of my footwear. LOL- ENJOY the moment whatever you wear! - teri

PS - Nice to know you have a Virginia connection.

Cindy said...

You are such a talented seamstress. I love your dress (daughter's is pretty too, but yours really caught my eye).

As for shoes, some silver sandals would be pretty and comfy. Except those you have are probably better for dancing.

Hope you have a fabulous time and can't wait to see the pics.

Carolynn Anctil said...

I say wear what's comfortable. Sore feet is the last thing you want to be focused on! If you can dance in them, so much the better!