Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Rainy Night

Tears
by Sharon

Tiny drops of salty water
appear,
unbidden.

Please go.
Leave me be.
I am moving on,
can't you see.

I will not say the words.
That song is not mine to sing.
There is no time for regret,
nor room for memories.

Let go and don't look back,
moving forward is the key.
Forgive, forget, and forge ahead,
surrender every dream.

Time is not mine to hold,
it moves on every plane.
Whereas I am flesh and bone
and tears come down like rain,
unwelcome,
but present all the same.

Hold on.

Have heart.

The day will dawn again.

The sun will rise
and light will shine

to clear away the rain.

7 comments:

Cindy said...

You inspire me to move beyond what I've been doing. For awhile now, I've wanted to try to expand what I write about on my blog. It's hard. I'm deep into my rut. But you write fearlessly in many forms on all sorts of topics. And that is so inspiring. Love the poem, too, which kind of speaks to the same feelings.

CaShThoMa said...

Beautiful poem, Sharon.
I sense a deep sadness inside the words but also a deep hope and faith that time will heal. These are words for everyone; isn't this life itself?

helen said...

Beautiful and touching post. May the Light shine brightly on you today my friend.

Cindy L said...

Gorgeous poem, Sharon! You continue to amaze and delight. Keep writing. I sense some sadness in watching your kids move on, perhaps? Maybe I am reading my own issues into this. But that's what a good poem does ... it invites us all into it!

Laura said...

Oh Sharon, I hope today is a sunnier one for you. Don't forget, however the power of tears to also bring healing...sometimes that release, the washing away is exactly what is needed to refract rainbows...to guide us back to gratitude for the blessings all around us, and yes within us as well.

gentle steps my dear

teri said...

Things come around again - and your response was not despair or self pity - it was instead a beautiful poem. I am not sure how you feel about Carly Simon but her song "Coming Around Again" jumped into my brain after reading your post. The whole song rings true with me but the most hopeful line (that still brings me to tears) is "I still believe in love- what else can I do?" Like your poem it lets me know I have not given in. We hold on while letting go- blessings -teri

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Beautiful - tears are cleansing and healing. Never stop the flow.
Thank you for this beautiful poem.