Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Details

This week and next - life is all about wedding details.

Sewing...
Getting the hems even because that can make or break a garment.

Making sure the zippers are in straight because some people will see more of the back of me than the front.

Tacking down the facings so they are flat and leave a smooth finish.

It takes me a long time to do something right, especially when it's something I haven't done in a while. As long as it has taken, each step along the way has come back to me. Sewing is like riding a bike ~ once you know, you never forget how.

Planning...
I called this evening to confirm all the hotel reservations I am responsible for. I could tell the person on the other end of the phone was impatient, but that was okay because it's her job to answer the phone and my job to ask the questions.

Then I called to confirm plans for the rehearsal dinner. This is the third time I've spoken to the manager and each time she has been courteous and helpful. We talked numbers and table configuration. In the morning I will send an email with our main-course choices. I finally feel assured that plans are set.

Photos...
I have been through photo albums several times looking for specific photos to display at the reception. It was wonderful to have a reason to look back over years of photos of when the children were little. I saw people I forgot I knew. We had some of the most wonderful times with friends ~ birthday parties, holidays, vacations, outings, and get-togethers.

Sleeping...
I have been going to bed late but I have been getting at least five hours sleep at a time. It feels like I dream all night, and there is so much going on in my dreams that I don't remember specifics. No more wine or news after 8:00. I've started taking calcium again and a Chinese herb to help me sleep. I think all of it is helping. After the wedding I will be more consistent with my routine so I know better what is making a difference.

Time online...
Lots of hours at the sewing machine has cut into my time on the computer. Dresses will soon be finished! I miss my daily blog reading & commenting and will soon be back to it.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Sharon you sound busy in the best possible way. Enjoy this special time!

patti said...

Hey, what's checking some ole blogs when a WEDDING hovers near???

Blessings, dear one.

Patti

Carolynn Anctil said...

Will we get to see photos of all your handiwork?!

I have so much to do to plan our wedding next year. It starts early! And, we're going small scale as much as possible.

Thanks for visiting today!

CaShThoMa said...

Hoping the next few weeks go smoothly and that the celebration is a wonderful event in all of your lives.

Cindy's Coffeehouse said...

Sharon, good luck with all the preparations. When you have the time to do more online, that's fine. I had to take a long break earlier this year, too.

mermaid said...

Sleep well, and enjoy the sewing. Hope you're still listening to all those songs:)