Monday, December 9, 2013

Gently Falling

The snow started this morning, and by afternoon it barely covered the grass ~

Out each window I watched the gently falling snow.  I barely heard a car on the road all day.   I didn't have anywhere to go so I enjoyed the frosty silence.  It snowed all day with less than two inches accumulation.

Inside, the scarf I am knitting with antique yarn is almost finished ~

It's a simple knit two, purl two pattern.  I would like to learn to follow the pattern my grandmother used thirty-six years ago to make beautiful cables with the same yarn ~

The afghan is soft and warm and lovely still ~

5 comments:

Balisha said...

What a pretty afghan. It looks to be in perfect condition.
I love the yarn you are using for that lovely scarf. Will it be for you or a gift?
Balisha

Carolynn Anctil said...

What a perfectly lovely day!

RURAL said...

These kind of words, and photos make me want to learn to knit. Sitting by a bright window watching the snow fall gently covering the ground.

We finally got some snow to cover the poor frozen plants...and it's warmed up to a balmy -7 C have no idea what that is in F...but it's better then last week.

Jen

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Beautiful
and love your scarf...

Anonymous said...

Oh, this makes me feel so warm and cozy. And you're a deft hand with that camera.