Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Painting with Eckhart

The week-end was busier than I expected, so six days later I am still painting the laundry room. I went to bed last night overtired, and I woke up this morning overwhelmed. I needed an Eckhart fix, but I also needed to paint, so I tuned my laptop to the webcasts and set to work. (Note: The "A New Earth" webcasts have been buried in Oprah.com's archive; the commercials have been removed but periodically a webcast would reset itself to an earlier time in the conversation, which made for interesting listening from the other room.)

It was just the right thing to do. I moved through the day with the feeling that I was in the right place at the right time. I found a natural break for lunch and dinner, and I even took a walk in the afternoon. The anxiety I woke up with dissipated as soon as I started painting. I was able to pay attention to my work while Eckhart reminded me of how to accept the present moment. I have accepted that my process is not about "getting it right the first time" but about what I learn along the way. And that is a "first" for me....

No comments: