Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Cat in a Basket? Or a Box?

Last week I left the clothes basket at the top of the stairs. It held a few items that needed to be ironed. Leo jumped into the basket and stood there meowing. I removed the clothes, and ten minutes later he was settled in, sound asleep. I guess he didn't like the cushioning effect of clean clothes ~

The day after Thanksgiving my family continued a game of Rummikub they started the night before. Leo found the box and managed to get comfortable ~

My husband and I have played games with our children since they were old enough to hold cards and roll dice, and they still like to play cards and games when they come home to visit. My favorite part is spending time with my children, and I want everyone to win. My husband likes spending time with the kids, but he also likes to win. So he enjoyed some games more than others over Thanksgiving.
Ken's scorecard:
Cribbage: he won two games, one with me and one with C.
Rummikub: he came in last place, which he would blame on changing chairs halfway through, but I have the score sheet that tells a different story.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cats are such funny creatures! My H. is very competitive too- go figure!

Kristen said...

catinabox!

Iz, Beaz and I are off to bed - will email you tomorrow morning. :)

xoxoxo

WomenBloom said...

One of the most endearing qualities of cats is their love of boxes, baskets, flowerpots and other containers to squeeze into. How CUTE is that??