Monday, July 27, 2009

Dollars And Degrees

I went to the quarterly library committee meeting tonight because I wanted to hear firsthand how much this year's plant sale raised for the library. Drum roll please ~ $14,598. That's the amount of pure profit. Woohoo!

Good news.

Thirty minutes into the ninety-minute meeting I realized how tired I am. It was the first time in twenty-seven days that I sat down and completely focused on something other than Ken. The tiredness filled me.

As of yesterday, Ken hadn't had a fever for two weeks.

That changed last night, and his temperature was up and down all day today.

Just when he was finally beginning to feel better.

I have been in contact with the doctor's office throughout the day and evening. Looks like we're in for a doctor's visit tomorrow. We shouldn't wait until Thursday's scheduled appointment.

With luck the Tylenol will kick in soon and Ken will get another good night's sleep.

4 comments:

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

Sharon,
I hope you are able to honor that tiredness you're feeling and engage in sacred rest. I think we get very tired emotionally from all that we must process. Also being perfectly present to someone, to care for them and their needs, can be very taxing. So important that you take good care of you. You might really love the book Sabbath: Finding Rest, Renewal, and Delight in Our Busy Lives by Wayne Muller. :-) It helps...Be well! Blessings of renewed health for Ken!

CaShThoMa said...

Dear Sharon;
It's so hard to fathom that this roller coaster ride has been going on for a month for you and Ken. No wonder you both are exhausted. I hope Ken can get firmly planted on a trajectory of "getting well" soon. What a tough summer for you.

Peace to you both. I'm thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the setback. Hope you are both able to get some rest.

Kitty said...

Sharon, hang in there and take good care of yourself. Remember what they tell you on airplanes ... secure your own oxygen mask before you take care of your children's.