Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Back To School

I am exhausted. And exhilarated.

I knew I would be tired after my first day of class. I forgot how tiring it is to wrap my head around a new way of thinking, to pay attention, to challenge myself to new ways of doing.

There are fifteen other people in the class, all with different backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We shared thoughts about our personal values, how we make decisions, and what kind of risk takers we are. It was fun to talk about ideas with classmates.

It was exciting to think about what I want and how I'm going to get it.

I have a lot of homework to do. I need to write a mission statement, examine my household budget, develop a spending plan, and think about how I will weave a business into the fabric of my life.

Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Cindy H said...

I think your class is bringing up a good point for everyone: what kind of risk-takers are we?

Your class sounds great. I bet you'll enjoy it immensely.

Joanne said...

I'm taking a class this fall for the first time in years. It's at a college close by, and I'm taking it with my daughter. This is just for fun, though, on the social history of rock & roll. But even in the first class, I'd learned more about music than I'd expected, and yes, I was challenged to consider the material in ways other than I had. It feels good to be in a classroom again.

CaShThoMa said...

Sharon; in the midst of exhaustion are the sparks of great excitement about what lies ahead; I can feel it!

Anonymous said...

Sharon, I am so proud of you and happy that you are going back to school for this program. I am cheering you on! What a wonderful time to start something new. Keep us all posted.