Thursday, September 17, 2009

My Furry Sidekick

Leo has not been feeling well. Yesterday I took him to see the vet, who gave me tiny pills to give him before he eats. Leo hasn't been able to keep any food down because his stomach contracts before he can digest the food. The pills are supposed to delay the process so he can eat and not get sick, which was still not the case yesterday afternoon. I went back to allowing him just water, and last night he glared at me while he stood watch at his empty food dish.

Then he decided water was better than nothing.

He has been as clingy as a toddler with a tummy ache. Last evening he went from Ken's lap to mine or climbed on any available surface to get as close to us as he could when we weren't sitting down. This morning I gave him a bit of white meat chicken, which seems to agree with him. I will know he's feeling better when he would rather be at his post at the top of the stairs than following me around the house.
Poor little guy. I've grown quite attached.

5 comments:

CaShThoMa said...

Poor Leo; hope he is on the mend soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit concerned about Leo- what did the vet say was causing his stomach contractions? Sometimes that indicates a UTI which needs immediate treatment especially in males- is he straining in the litter box? He absolutely needs to eat something- what about licking yogurt off of a spoon or all meat baby food (can't have anything but pure meat- no garlic or onions)? Poor guy- he looks peaked!

Kristen said...

oh Leo, I'm glad you're feeling better! And as far as getting attached goes? yah, me too.

Kitty said...

Leo's blogging cousins (my furry girls and boy) send their well-wishes and good feline energy *meows*.

Anonymous said...

Awwww, I hope Leo will be OK, and that you will keep up posted on his condition! Keep the faith ... We'll be thinking of you. Cats wrap their tails around our hearts, don't they?