Friday, September 25, 2009

The Road Ahead

The call came in this afternoon ~ I have been admitted to the entrepreneurship training program that starts on Tuesday.

It feels like a door has opened. Even though I don't know what's on the other side I have decided to cross the threshold and follow the light.

When I look back over my life's journey, I often did not know what was on the road ahead. I would start off with the best intentions, carrying the provisions I thought I'd need for the trip. I could only see so far ahead and there was only so much I could do to prepare.

Then I would take the first step. Sometimes the journey went as planned...and sometimes I was lost from the start. Sometimes the road changed course with no warning, and sometimes the obstacles loomed large.

There were times when I sat by the side of the road waiting for help, which didn't always arrive how or when I wanted.

I have picked things up along the way and left other things behind.

Sometimes I follow the signs, and sometimes I make my own map.

I don't know what's ahead on this road.

I know class starts at 9:30 on Tuesday. I think I'll start there.

7 comments:

Joanne said...

Wonderful news for you! What a complicated and intricate journey this thing called life is, so perfectly depicted in your roadmap here. I'm looking forward to reading about your training program experiences taking you to a new place. Enjoy your weekend :)

CaShThoMa said...

Yeah!!! As the famous saying goes..."the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" and showing up for that first day is the start. Congratulations friend!

helen said...

"To get through the hardest journey we need to take only one step at a time, but we must keep on stepping."
~ Chinese proverb

Great news! Looking forward to your reports.

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

Sharon, this is very good news and I am sure this whole venture will just continue to provide wind for your sails. Journey on with ease...Joy too! Gratitude is good as well. :-)

Anonymous said...

Excellent! I can't wait to hear about the course.

Kitty said...

:D What an exciting adventure you're on. I can't wait to hear about it as it's unfolding for you.

Cindy H said...

Sharon, congratulations! I'm so happy for you! And I look forward to reading about what you learn in your class and about yourself.