Monday, December 21, 2009

Angels

There were angels looking over us this week-end. As a major snowstorm hit the east coast, our son P was flying out of San Francisco to Houston and then onto Boston. He left California without knowing for sure how far he would get on his journey home. He made it all the way, and his brother surprised him with a welcome at the airport in Boston Saturday night. Amidst snow flurries on Sunday, P drove home to Maine. Our daughter joined us for dinner last night, and our younger son will be here for Christmas Eve. That's all I want for Christmas.

Ken and I trimmed the tree on Saturday. I noticed the number of angels we have, starting at the top with the first ornament we bought more than thirty years ago ~

and flying among the branches to bring shimmer ~

and light ~

and whimsy ~

and sparkle ~

to our tree. Jan at Awakened Living posted a beautiful poem about angels, and in her words "May the blessings of the Angels be yours." I know I have received many blessings this year, and I'm grateful for every one.

8 comments:

CaShThoMa said...

The angels on your tree a reminder of all the blessings. Merry, merry Christmas, Sharon.

Joanne said...

We received lots of that snow here in CT on Saturday night, about 6 inches inland, but much more on the coast, 12-14 inches! I'm glad your travelers arrived safely.

A very pretty, angelic tree going on here, I'm sure you'll enjoy many happy Christmas moments near it :)

Kitty said...

I enjoyed looking at these photos. Very evocative for me of "Christmas trees past".

May we all have peace and blessings this holiday season.

Laura said...

Here's another Sharon:

May all the angels sing their songs of love to you and your family... gently intoning messages meant for each of you to hear...secrets that will open you all to peace, joy and a desire to share with all who are blessed to cross paths with you...spreading the love from on high to all below.

gentle steps,
laura

Devon Ellington said...

That tree is gorgeous.

If you ever get the chance, visit the Angel Tree at the Metropolitan Museum of Art during the holiday season in New York -- you'd love it.

So glad your son got home safely.

I have family in Maine, just north of Portland. I don't get to spend as much time as I'd like up there, but I love it when I get there.

mermaid said...

And you are a blessing in blogland and the real world. Happy and Peaceful Holidays always. May it be so.

Cindy said...

I believe in the power of angels, and yours are lovely. So happy the children all made it home safe and sound. Bet your angels are smiling inside;-)

Jan Lundy said...

I thought of you Sharon as we trimmed the tree--all because of one of your comments on my blog. I kept noticing all the angels that waited to be hung on the branches. There were so many! I am glad to hear that all is progressing well at your house in preparation for Christmas. May all your moments be magic and love-filled. It has been a blessing to know you this year. Be well and at peace. xo