Friday, December 18, 2009

Cookies, Cookies, Cookies

I hosted this year's cookie swap. Ten women times three dozen cookies equals a lot of cookies! The ingredients were as varied as the stories behind what people decided to bake this year. We each went home with a wonderful assortment of holiday treats.

I was so pleased to be able to have the swap at my house that I made the most of being hostess ~ I baked pecan tarts and a cranberry-upside-down cake, which I know everyone liked because they want the recipe. Many people had not been out to this end of my road before. I made it clear that I'd love to have them come again.

7 comments:

CaShThoMa said...

I must admit, I've never participated in a cookie swap at Christmas and have always wanted the opportunity. Looks like you all had a wonderful time and it will be fun eating all those cookies with a cup of tea (?) perhaps on a cold winter day.

Laura said...

now I'm really hungry! Yum!

Kitty said...

Laura took the words right out of my mouth. Now I'm getting inspired to do some baking.

mermaid said...

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
I'm glad you were able to host. It sounds like your guests were quite comfortable and sweetly fed.

Anonymous said...

Yummy! Lucky you, Sharon ... those are beauties, and how fun to sample so many varieties. When I recover from my bug, I am going to make the sugar cookies I mentioned in my "Grinch's Notebook" blog post last week! I am tempted to wait for my son to come home before I start baking, in case he opts to join in :-)

Patti Lacy said...

What a beautifully set table!
Love your blog!

One day I'd like to participate in a cookie swap.

My HOUSE looked like I'd baked for one after the Bible study potluck.
Does that count?

Merry Christmas, Sharon! Your blogg has added insight and enlightenment to my on-line experience!!
Patti

Cindy said...

That picture looks scrumptious! And what a great way to get a variety of baked good.