Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Enough Said

I am working on a post for tomorrow about my favorite movies from this year, at the theater and on DVD. There are some real gems.

Yesterday Ken and I had a full day. We left home at 5:00 a.m. to beat the early morning rush hour traffic around Boston, which worked as planned until the last 30 miles. We caught up with P and C at the house of P's best friend from college, who made us a wonderful breakfast.

C and her parents flew from California to Boston this week to work out some of the wedding details. We all met at the wedding venue for a tasting and a tour.

Then we walked over to where we would like to hold the rehearsal dinner ~ a real Boston Irish Pub complete with padded leather booths and historic photographs of famous patrons over the years. The place met with everyone's approval, so I will call to reserve it. I think people will feel comfortable and the food will be good.

That really takes care of our biggest responsibility for the wedding, other than dressing nicely and behaving appropriately. I already know what I want for a dress, although the color hasn't been decided yet. Ken will rent a tux, which tickles me because he looks super-handsome all dressed up.

Other than that...things are out of our hands.

Our middle child has chosen the life he wants with the people he wants to be near. At the end of the day, all that matters to his dad and me is that he's happy, which he appears to be.

Enough said.

4 comments:

CaShThoMa said...

Glad to know you found the venue for the Rehearsal Dinner; that's a big step!

Will look forward to your post on movies; I love good movies and am always looking for a good recommendation, or two or three!

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister. Amen.

Cindy said...

Sounds like a great party. It must feel great to know you've got your responsibilities covered. I feel so secretly relieved that both my boys are married now...

Anonymous said...

You have your priorities straight for sure!Have a Happy New Year Sharon! So glad that we could meet up in 2009! Perhaps again this year?