Monday, December 28, 2009

Post Christmas Post

The chocolate peanut butter birthday cake was a huge success, enjoyed by all. I racked up lots of points that night because I made lasagna for dinner ~ the consensus was that I should make it more often. My daughter likes her Christmas Eve birthday because she gets all the birthday perks and it's a special family time, too.

We had such a good time this year, eating good food and sharing stories all week-end. I forget what great gift-givers my kids are and how much we enjoy everything about the holiday when we get together. I loved every minute of it.

Our sons are back in Boston, meeting up with friends and working out details of P's wedding. Tomorrow Ken and I are going down to Boston to tag along on some wedding planning, with the added benefit of spending more time with P before he leaves for California at the end of the week.

Routine returns. Today I caught up on laundry and wrestled with dust bunnies. The refrigerator is full of leftovers so there's no need to cook. The cookie jars are full, and there are even a couple slices of cake left. There are late cards to send and clothes to exchange.

And at some point I will take down the empty stockings....

5 comments:

Jan Lundy said...

so glad you had a lovely and love-filled time, sharon. may your trip to boston be equally blessed!

Kitty said...

As fun as the holidays can be, I usually find it a bit of a relief to get back to routine things.

Hope you have a great time in Boston, and see you next year.

(That chocolate peanut butter cake in your previous post looks awesome, by the way.)

CaShThoMa said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday with your family; lots of laughs, together-time, and good food. And, now a wedding to look forward to!

Anonymous said...

so glad to know you had a lovely holiday with the family. I love my kids so much and know that these last few holidays spent with them before they make their own way in the world are very precious.
Happy New Year right around the corner.
Peace~
Dawn

Cindy said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday. Love those green stockings against the white rail.