Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Chorus Of Color

Every day I marvel that there are tulips blooming in my yard. I bought a bag of mixed-colored bulbs last fall, so I didn't know what I planted where or even if they would come up. I was happy when red tulips bloomed ~

and excited when orange tulips appeared several days later ~

I was so delighted with the display of red and orange that I didn't mind that there were places where only leaves existed for weeks. Last week buds appeared, but I was sure they'd never open. Then, this week, yellow joined the chorus ~
In the midst of all the turmoil in the world, I am grateful for the chorus of color in my yard.
Amen.

5 comments:

Joanne said...

It's just those "flowers" we come across, the unexpected beauty, the pleasant surprises on our journey, that are so significant. They are a gentle reminder of what goodness can turn up along the way.

mermaid said...

I like the title of your post. Sometimes it's the small things, like flowers, that remind us of life's beauty, and the abundance that is always available when we need it most.

patti said...

Oh, how spectacular! I continue to have the green-skin disease (jealousy) over your land!

Patti

Anonymous said...

Three words: I am jealous. Your tulips are gorgeous! Mine didn't do much this year, and I have to find out why ...

Laura said...

so beautiful! Happy Mother's Day Sharon,may it be filled with joyful bright blossoms!