Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Once Upon A Mattress

Now positioned across the room from the sewing machine, highlighted in my last post, is the daybed ~

which is significant because we now have an official guest room. And because I moved it by myself!

This daybed is a twin size, until it's paired with the trundle from underneath when it becomes a king-sized bed. [The trundle is still downstairs because that I cannot manage by myself.]

For the last three years this was the only piece of furniture in a small room at the foot of the stairs, convenient for guests but not private as a pass-through room with no door.

My youngest will still use this blue bedroom when he's home to visit, and it will also host others who come to stay.

We have reached another stage in the transformation of the house to accommodate visits of grown children.

Next up: Futon needed for sitting room downstairs to provide still more sleeping space.

Note that Leo likes this room, too, and especially enjoys curling up on the fluffy area rug.

5 comments:

Joanne said...

I can tell Leo's just waiting for you to leave the room. Then, one leap up to the comfy bed ;)

helen said...

Love the color of the room. Apparently very soothing for Leo! May you share pleasant times with your guests.

Carolynn Anctil said...

I've always wanted to have a separate room for my guests to enjoy their own space. They have to settle for their own, private bathroom. Not a bad compromise, I suppose.

P.S. I noticed Leo right away. :o)

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

Love the coziness of day beds, Sharon. I'm looking forward to the day when we have more space here to have one such guest room. :-) Also a real nursery. With more grandchildren on the horizon I would love to create a nursery, in the old fashioned style....Enjoy your time redecorating. It is good for the soul!

Erin Frost said...

Very cute!

I enjoy how you share aspects of the physical space that surrounds you here. It reminds me of the way the Greeks utilized the canon of memory, by visualizing physical spaces and associating them with parts of their performances. It always makes me wonder how much the physical aspects of our homes shape the way we think.

Thanks for sharing!