Thursday, May 20, 2010

Rainbow Squared

More than 25 years ago Ken salvaged a sewing machine cabinet from the landfill. He brought it home, sanded it down, and refinished it. The cabinet has a hole in the top where an older model sewing machine would have been attached to hinges. To accommodate my machine he refinished a board, complete with a groove to hold loose pins and needles. In my new space I have room to fully extend the top, which gives me plenty of room to work ~

on big pieces, like my daughter's quilt, which I earlier showed at its beginning ~

The back is big squares of rainbow ~

which seem to complement the circles of rainbow on the front ~
Finished, this quilt is ready for its new home.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Incredible Sharon! Such a talent! What a beautiful Quilt.

Anonymous said...

These take my breath away! How I admire your talent for making these beautiful quilts, and I am awed by the patience, the Zen, it takes to make these works of art. Three cheers, Sharon!

Cindy said...

The back of the quilt is just as gorgeous as the front. And how cool is it that your husband remade that old sewing station for you? He sounds wonderful!

teri said...

Fabulous!

helen said...

May it be used with great pride and appreciation because you have done a beautiful job. What a special treasure!

Debra said...

Gorgeous! I am sure that your daughter will treasure it forever.