Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Banner Day

Today was one of those banner days from beginning to end, literally.

This Wednesday in mid-June started with a phone call. It was a young woman calling from the organization with the job opening for which I submitted an application Monday evening. She was calling to set up an interview.

I felt light-headed. I kept my cool, located my calendar, and manged to hold onto the phone.

She told me the date, two weeks from today. Okay.

She told me the times. Okay.

No, she needed to know which time worked for me. Okay.

She gave me directions to the building. I asked if I needed to bring anything. Just my list of references. Okay.

That was how the day started....

And twelve hours later the puck dropped on Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

The Bruins won 4-0, which means the Bruins won the Stanley Cup!

I love days like this.

5 comments:

mermaid said...

I love days like this for you:) Wishing you well at the interview.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

You make me smile.
See - it is going to happen.

Helen said...

And may there be many, many more "days like this."

Best wishes with the interview!

Cindy's Coffeehouse said...

I can feel the good vibes over the Intertubes! Good luck with the future interview and congrats on the Stanley Cup victory.

teri said...

Good days should be written about- oh check that. Enjoy the moment and I wish you blessings 2 weeks in advance.xo teri