Wednesday, June 1, 2011

On The Road Again

I am in New Hampshire again this week, this time in Keene. Ken has been working here during the week for awhile and may be here awhile longer, so I came over to visit. Tonight is the first game of the Stanley Cup, and the Boston Bruins are in! So I will be here to see the game with Ken:) Yesterday I went into downtown Keene and after visiting several coffee shops, decided on this one ~



I sat at a table right in the window and looked out on Main Street ~


I love this shot of the window across the way ~



At the end of Main Street is a circle called Central Square ~


Last evening Ken and I crossed the Connecticut River ~


To have dinner with friends at the Fireworks Restaurant in Brattleboro, Vermont ~



I realize how fortunate I am to be able to be away from home for a few days at a time. With a bit of preparation I can take time away. On the one hand I long for the things that used to ground me, and on the other hand I'm learning to take advantage of the situation that allows me the freedom to be gone.

10 comments:

Joanne said...

Keene has such a pretty downtown. I used to live in Keene, when I was in 5th and 6th grade. We walked all over the place there, including that downtown. Our backyard was edged by Robinhood State Forest, so we had lots of adventures living in NH. Hope you had some good adventures there, too :)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Thank you - I feel as though I have been on a short trip.
See - if you were were working you would not have been able to do this:) Enjoy today and this special time.

Helen said...

It's a blessing to have the freedom to take advantage of spontaneous moments as they present themselves. Enjoyed walking with you through Keene.

Go Bruins!

Carolynn Anctil said...

Oh boy, I yearn for this kind of freedom. Enjoy your little mini-break.

teri said...

Thanks for sharing the travels- I especially like the photo of the reflections in the window.

Cindy's Coffeehouse said...

Best of both worlds...you enjoyed visiting someplace new, and it made you appreciate being at home!

Cynthia said...

I have always loved to travel and still do it every chance I get. Our country is full of magical landscapes. I want to see it all!

Laura said...

I so wish I could have seen you last week Sharon, you were so close...well next time for sure. I want you to know how pleasant it has been on the days when I was receiving meds to have your beautiful quilt across my lap. Such a comfort dear one! Did you enjoy Keene? Did you get to drive over to Peterborough? Another fun funky town!

xo

ps thanks for the anniversary wishes:-)

mermaid said...

I am sure you will tuck little pieces of your trip into your pocket and heart to ground you each step of the way.

Anonymous said...

Hey, that looks so familiar! Loved seeing you and Ken and look forward to a visit up north!