Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Bruin Is A Bear

I have become a hockey fan.

This has been news to me.

My sons are avid fans, and my husband enjoys play-off games. In the past I would watch a game for a few minutes and then lose interest.

This year has been different. The Boston Bruins made it into the play-offs. While we were in Boston for T's graduation all of us went out to a pub to watch the game on a big screen television. The Bruins won!

And they kept winning. They are now playing in the Stanley Cup for the first time since 1990. The Bruins last won the Cup in 1972.

In this hockey play-off of all play-offs the Bruins lost the first two games to the Vancouver Canucks, in Vancouver, by just one goal each game. The games were not only close, each one was decided in the last seconds.

This week the Bruins have found their groove. The Monday and Wednesday night games were the two games of the seven-game series that could only be seen on Versus, the cable hockey station. So my daughter and I met over dinner and a big screen to watch the Bruins....

Win! Big! Monday night they won handily 8 to 1, and last night they dominated the ice again and shutout the Canucks 4 to 0.

I am now arranging my schedule for the next week so I am sure to see the next three games.

There's no help for me now. I want to watch the Bruins win the Stanley Cup!

That will give my family something to talk about for years to come;)

2 comments:

Joanne said...

There's so much energy in a hockey game, it's great to get drawn in to it. We used to have a NHL team here in Hartford, The Whalers, back in the 70s, but they packed up and moved to another state :/

Enjoy those playoffs, hope your team wins!

mermaid said...

Go Bruins!

I remember watching all 49er games when my brother, father and I were all living together.

Miss those days...