Friday, January 9, 2009

Down and Out

The Christmas tree is now on the porch, as lovely as the first day we put it up ~


Leo couldn't find a place out of the way all morning with all the dedecorating, moving of furniture, and vacuuming goin' on ~

I took the tree down this morning, with (not) Leo's help. The tree was still fresh after two and a half weeks, so there were few needles to corral. It was nice to leave it up after New Year's. Ken and I enjoyed the lights every evening this week.

Every thing I went to do, there was Leo. He was under foot when I hefted boxes. He sat down right between me and the box for ornaments when my route between the two became obvious. He went up and down the steps as I put things away in the garage. Then he wanted to go out when I put the tree on the porch. A helper he is not.

It feels natural that it's 2009. I haven't once dated anything 2008. I have hope for this year, so it's nice that it's finally here.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I stand by the notion that he thinks he's helping - and obviously he's necessary for the whole process. (thank goodness he's around to give such support!)

thanks for dinner tonight! xoxo

Putting the pieces together... said...

Yah, welcome to cat ownership. Cats don't understand the notion that the world DOESN'T revolve around them. This is why I don't even bother to knit in my own house, because I'm I'd be too busy trying to get a cat or two out of my lap (Diablo knows no boundaries, and can't understand why anyone would not want him on their lap), and even when I'm successful at that, I end up with cat hair in my knitting....sigh.