Sunday, January 18, 2009

An Engaging Week-end

I interrupt regularly scheduled posting to bring you this special announcement: my oldest son is engaged to be married. Today, on the snow-covered bank of the Charles River, he proposed to his girlfriend of three years, and she said yes.

Ken and I are delighted.

We first met C almost three years ago, when P brought her home for a week-end. I had had a busy week, and I was feeling frazzled when I picked them up at the bus station. P greeted me with, "Be nice, Mom. I really like this girl." I will never forget that ~ he was nervous. He had no reason to worry. We liked each other from the start.

Welcome to our family, C.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, congratulations! And another milestone achieved.

Anonymous said...

"We cannot really love anybody
with whom we never laugh."

~ Agnes Repplier (1855-1950)

May P & C enjoy much laughter and may they fall in love many times--always with each other. Congratulations to them and their family.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

CaShThoMa said...

That's wonderful news, Sharon!
Congrats to your son!