Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Color On a Background of White

By tonight we will have another foot of snow on the ground. We have hung Ken's stained glass in windows where we can most enjoy the color, in contrast to the world of white outside. It has been many years since Ken has worked with stained glass, but he has a work bench in the garage where he can pick up this hobby again when he has time.

One of the first pieces he made was The Cat, which now hangs in the window by the kitchen table~

Ken made this beautiful butterfly for Aunt Kate, which she enjoyed in her kitchen window. It now hangs in our family room window beside the treadmill ~

The white-sailed schooner hangs in the other window in the family room ~

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, a talented husband like that is a keeper!

CaShThoMa said...

A wonderful contrast to the snow....I especially love the schooner!

Kristen said...

I can't help but laugh when I think about how now you have two "orange" cats at your house. Who knew?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful art and what a great way to dress up rooms and escape from the white outdoors. For me, creating a stained glass piece is as relaxing as enjoying the finished project catching light in the window. I should get my glass bench dusted off when we return to New Mexico...

Anonymous said...

There's nothing quite like light shining through colored glass ... it's kind of magical. I've got a stained glass tulip someone made me a long time ago hanging in my bathroom.

Anonymous said...

My goodness, your husband's glass art is just beautiful! I am such a fan of art glass that I took a class in it, several years ago. But I failed miserably! Which is why I am in awe of people who can do this -- it's not easy! Lucky you, to have these lovely works bringing color to your windows.

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

These are really lovely and I am so glad your husband has found a hobby that gives himself and others joy! I've always loved stained glass...
Artful Blessings!