Thursday, January 22, 2009

Of Doors, Drinks, and Digital TV

I am on a post-inauguration high. It feels as if anything is possible.

My doors look great. Ken commented on how white they look. In addition to a fresh coat of white on the flat surfaces, I painted the edges where the front and back meet the edge. What a difference that made.

As I mentioned last Friday, Ken made me a whiskey sour. We hadn't had whiskey or sour mix in the house for many years. We were joking over the holidays about the drinks we used to order in our younger days, and the story sparked a gift idea for Ken's birthday.

The television saga continues. Ken made an antenna that will pick up the digital signal for PBS and CBS, if we hook it up in the house. Last week-end he took it outside and hooked it up in place of our analog antenna. No reception inside. We want to try it in a variety of positions on the porch and deck to see if the location matters. The idea is to figure this out before we actually invest money in a digital antenna. Time is growing short. We lose the analog signal on February 17. The Academy Awards will be telecast on February 22.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

New door, brand-new day! Don't you love these metaphors?

Anonymous said...

Sharon, those doors look pretty nice! And you'll have to update us on the antenna and how well it works when the digital changeover happens.

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to remember the last time I had a whiskey sour. Sometime in the '80s, I think ... back when I didn't mind wasting half my weekend being hungover after Friday evening out.