Friday, January 22, 2010

A Few Things Worth Mentioning

The year has barely started and already I have learned a few things worth mentioning.

I learned while reviewing the photocopies of checks in my latest bank statement that my massage therapist writes "Thank You" on the face of my checks before she deposits them. I went back through last year's statements, and she wrote that on each check. Talk about putting positive energy out there. That was a day brightener.

The days are getting longer. Bonus question: Did you know that the sky catches fire before total darkness descends?

There is a bookstore on the corner of Front Street in Bath, Maine that sells used books to raise money to buy books for the public library. I bought five books for $18.85. Yes, K, I found a copy in excellent condition.

In mid-January mini carnations look especially beautiful and smell especially wonderful.

9 comments:

Joanne said...

You're lucky your bank includes the photocopies. Our bank stopped doing even that much long ago. We just get the statement and nothing else :/

And I like the positivity your massage therapist puts out there, look how far her words have travelled now, through the internet!

Anonymous said...

This was a day brightener for me. Thank YOU
Peace~
Dawn

Kristen said...

are you kidding? Seriously? You must not be kidding, because there is a picture of it. Holy Moly. I'll take it off my mental list of books to find used. (I still can't believe it. Is it your copy? Any ID'ing makers?)

It's a good thing I don't know where that bookstore is and/or don't have time to get there.

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

You remind me of such simple pleasures, Sharon. And I love the sky when it sets the hills burning. Isn't that stunning?! Enjoy...you definitely are a day brightener with this post.

helen said...

The simple things that can mean so much...

Enjoy the Mitch Albom book.

Cindy said...

Aren't massages the best thing? I don't get them enough, but coincidentally I just had one the other day. And I've read a few of those books you picked up. There is an espcially provocative segment in The Senator's Wife that blew me away. We must discuss!

Kitty said...

This post made me smile. :)

(And yep, massages are wonderful. I recently started getting them again on a regular basis, and I'm wondering how I did without them.)

Anonymous said...

I love how you've touched on so many upbeat, happy things that make daily life such a pleasure. Finding those books, enjoying the sunset... thanks for reminding me to enjoy the day.

patti said...

I love how you are taking the time to smell the carnations.

Your blog takes me to a beautiful, faraway place...needed for a woman in Normal, Illinois!

Patti