Thursday, August 21, 2008

Potential

potential - n. that which is possible, unrealized.

Getting a job outside the home and/or getting my business off the ground are two things that have potential. Here's the problem with that which is possible but unrealized - something needs to change for the potential to become reality.

I don't know what may pan out, so I'm working on both fronts.

Yesterday I made two phone calls: I called a lingerie store about the possibility of selling my IntiMats® there; she has no room for a display, but I could leave a sample of the material and my business card. Then I called about a lead on a job and left a message; as of now there has been no return call, email, or smoke signal.

Today I made two phone calls: I called a store, that carries all handmade items, about carrying my product; she thought it sounded lovely, but the store is closing in four months. Then I emailed another lead about other possible job openings; I got a reply that there will be openings, but the jobs haven't been configured yet so it will be a while.

Two weeks ago I called the sister of someone I met at an Etsy Maine Team meeting about selling IntiMats® at home parties where "items of passion" are sold. She liked the idea, but she's busy with other projects and only has one party a month right now.

The end of June I sent an IntiMat® to a well-known, household-name blogger. She sent me an I-may-keep-this-on-my-refrigerator-forever post card about how elegant and gorgeous the product is, and she thanked me for the generous gesture.

So potentially I will get a job and/or I will be able to sell my product. Something needs to change for that potential to be realized.

potential - adj. conceivable

Message to the universe: I am ready for what comes next.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That work thing - either doing it solo or for someone is a question that never seems to go away.

I keep my eyes open for the "job" all the time but after found anything I like as much as blogging and writing and no one wants to pay me to do either one - yet.

The universe does hear us. I really believe that.