Monday, May 25, 2009

It Was A Long Week-End

It actually felt like spring for the last three days. The trees have new leaves, and the light has changed. More than once I caught myself staring out the window, watching the sun shine through the green.

I haven't been anywhere in three days. When the week-end started I didn't intend to stay put. I had lots of things to tend to around the house, things that have needed doing for months that I haven't felt like doing. Once I got started, it was easier to keep going.

It's been quiet. I talked to P in Boston and got emails from my daughter, but other than that it's been just Ken and me all week-end.

We cooked good food and watched good movies. It feels like we got caught up with each other. We sometimes need time to be together without plans and expectations. This week-end there wasn't one thing that had to be done.

And that meant my focus could be elsewhere, or nowhere. Things have shifted, ever so slightly. I'm not sure what has changed, or why. I have some new ideas and new energy to think about them.

It will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

New ideas, and new energy ... a wonderful feeling. We were just saying here that May is such a busy month, with summer shopping, tending the yard, planting gardens and deck pots, putting out the deck furniture, holidays, getting the air conditioners in, phew, I get tired just thinking of it. We spent the holiday weekend finishing up the zinnia and tomato gardens, ready to sit back a little and find some of that new energy and ideas, inspired by the outdoors while doing so.

CaShThoMa said...

"It will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings". I detect anticipatory delight. Nice.