Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Leo Wants Out

Outside that is. Leo loves to go outdoors. We started taking him out when we had something to do in the yard, but he has gotten more adventurous with each outing and no longer stays close to the house. There is too much wildlife around to leave him to his own devices, so we only take him out when we can keep a close eye on him. That is not often enough for Leo. He tried sitting on the window sill, but it just wasn't the same as being outside ~

He figured out how to use a nearby chair to get on a table near the door ~

but he can't figure out how to work the doorknob ~

So for now he will have to settle for looking longingly out the window ~

5 comments:

CaShThoMa said...

Sweet Leo...I remember when he first found you; way back last year. He's a keeper!

Joanne said...

I've heard that once a cat is outdoors, they always want out again. I have a neighbor who actually kind of fenced in his deck and the cat stays there when outside.

Anonymous said...

Love the Leo photos -- he's such a beauty!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Joanne- that taste is tricky although some cats will stay closer by than others! We have a deck without a way off it and that's where my cat goes- unless she can escape! It's always fun though to take them out with you- if they'll come in when you want them to.

Only the Half of It said...

How cute! We just named a kitty Leo (not sure if you saw those posts).
Do be very, very careful with your Leo. Beware: He might sneak out and you won't even know it. That happened with one of our cats and I was SICK about it doing nothing for five days but looking for him. Miraculously I found him and brought him home but he easily could have been lost for good or hit by a car or, had I not found him when I did (cowering under a neighbor's deck), might have gotten so dehydrated he suffered liver damage.
Cats -- at least in my experience -- get really weird once outdoors, almost feral. Just keep an eye on him. He's a doll!